Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im having some difficulty with my projectors

drivers side seems perfectly fine, passengers side the light is dim and not as strong and it almost seems like im driving at night with one, yet the other side i know works just its not as it should be.

i've been told i should replace the bulb, and if so what bulb do they take? i read form one other post that projectors take h3?

im open to suggestions!

·
Registered
927 Posts
welcome bboy we have current NVF members that have the Projectors One uses the regular bulb while the other 3 uses HIDs H3. weee another Canadian :p well im not from Canada so dont be confused lol... have you tried bulbs that has a brighter light out put?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
well first off welcome to the forums.

2 things

1. check to see if the bulb is FULLY secured in the housing, if the little metal clasp is not holding it in 110% and light is escaping, it will make a dramatic difference in brightness.

2. they are H3 55W.

oh and if you want to go an HID route in the future, get 35W because i hear that 55W HIDs are SUPER overkill. plus i have 6000k 35W in my projectors and love them.
hope that helps

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i figured out the problem

as i replaced the H1 bulb and not the side that is giving me the trouble
the attached picture indicates what side i need replaced/fixed

thats the side when driving at night seems to not produce enough light
im simply thinking i just drive with my high beams on lol.. seeing as my projectors arent even adjusted high enough to blind other drivers

any input on anything stated above? :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
when u adjsut them BE GENTLE! because the way they are mounted is fragile and will break... like mine and it will keep them from adjusting. i got lucky and somehow snagged the bracket and was able to adjust them... took me like an hour though

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so am i retarded or are there two bulbs to change within projectors?

cause again i changed the bulb that comes on when i turn on the high beams
(cause i thought that was the right one)

is the side that i circled in the picture in my last post (in red) a bulb?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
so am i retarded or are there two bulbs to change within projectors?

cause again i changed the bulb that comes on when i turn on the high beams
(cause i thought that was the right one)

is the side that i circled in the picture in my last post (in red) a bulb?
The circled part is the projector glass, which is not the bulb. Have you checked it?

·
Registered
551 Posts
for your regular headlights...not high beams its the one circled...its there i promise. i just installed mine not even a month ago....same exact lights.
there is 2 bulbs with those...the one closest to the center of the car are your high beams...the other one near the fenders are your regular headlights. you just have to pull the black casing off and its there

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awesome thanks MissNic =D

i just need to replace those bulbs, thanks a bunch guys for you quick feedback!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.