Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen several things online where people used regular cans of spray paint instead of specialty auto paint to color match on their car..Anyone seen any cars with spray can jobs and what are y’alls thoughts cause I was considering doing that to a new bumper

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The colors match pretty good but ONLY if your original paint color has not faded or changed in the sun. Many colors do that. Not much in a can too, you'll need 2 to do a bumper cover and maybe even 3. You MUST match to the exact color code too, I sold cans to people who did not match the number only going by the color and simply put, most people do not have an eye for color matching, then they want a refund. Sorry, no refunds on shot paint.

The paint fades completely different with time though since it is not the same formula as the original. And pretty quick to peel off too, you'll get maybe 2 years before it begins doing it and if the color is one that requires clear shot over it to look correct that peels even faster.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I remember time when car bumpers were not painted and have a natural blackish/grayish color of material they were made from. It was easy for light scratches. Then car makers figured out it was too bad for business...

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can buy the color match paint at auto parts stores in spray cans for around $10 a can. We're you looking to try to save money or something? If you don't have much painting experience, there are a ton of YouTube videos on the prep and spraying process.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts