Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so started out as a pretty stock Versa 6 speed hatch with 22 miles. It has power windows, locks and cruise control. I pretty much hated the idea of this car so bear with me. Allot of the audio has been done over time in the rare instances I'm not working. As such I didn't really stop to take pics as I was usually trying to get as much done as I could in the given time. Most of these initial pics I am going to have to take the car apart just to be able to show you guys whats been done.
(BIG BOOMING VOICE) LET IT BEGIN!!!

Start with the Outside as she sits now since we all know what a powder white stock Versa looks like. Within the first 30 days The car was tinted 20% all 5% brow with the company sticker. (gotta make money to spend it).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Within hours it had an Eclipse 8445 CD player in the dash. brought the dash kit and harness home the night my wife and I finalized the sale. lol.
The next day I installed a Rockford Fosgate power 500 and a T1 12" Sub in a basic prefab box and a 4ga Stinger amp kit with upgraded 4000 series RCA's. (No pics of amp and box it was a loner from a co worker)
Over the next week in my spare time I gathered the parts I would need and fashioned a cover plate for the pocket that is built into the aftermarket dash kit. 1st I didn't need two pockets. 2nd I thought it made the dash look retarded and 3rd my Radio is so old it doesn't have USB or headphone Aux jack. but it does have RCA aux in. So I used a headphone to RCA adaptor and flush mounted it in my cover plate along with a USB cord that was hard wired in with the constant power of the radio. Why in the hell do 12volt sockets go dead with the key off these days drives me nuts. lol Anyway. I also installed the bass knob for the amp as well.

the cover plate is held in place with 3M double sided tape so it can be easily removed and there is a pin switch bracket double side taped in the center to give some rigidity when inserting you aux jack or charging cable. And yes under the hood is filthy. engine bay detailing season has not yet begun here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the car has had a few boxes in the last 2 years. The first a prefab single 12 with a Rockford Fosgate T1 and a Power 500 amp. Sorry no pics. Then a custom 3.5 cubic foot enclosure. with a DD 2500 series 12 running 2ohm on a Phoenix Gold Ti 1600.5 the Sub channel at 2ohm is right around 900watts.

Then there was a prefab dual 10 box I rocked for a few months. I spun that box in every direction to try and see what was the loudest.

And for the last couple weeks I have been working on a custom enclosure for the 2 Phoniex Gold 10s that I switched to. Now the anp is running at 1ohm for around 1200watts to the sub(perfect world)

Still lots to get done in the next couple weeks. Decisions on what to cover everything with vinyl or carpet maybe a a couple other tricks here and there. Plus still need to show you guys the mids and highs.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
So cool that you can create your own set up. That last one you're working on looks amazing. I ain't a sounds guy as much but If I still was you be the guy I wanted working on my versa :grin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks probably the biggest obstacle for me is the fact I spend 10 hours a day working other peoples stuff. So working on my own takes a lot of motivation. LoL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
All wired up and carpeted. Still a few details to iron out this week before she goes to her first car show. but hey it is what it is lol. I installed 2 12" strips of LED lights inside the amp. They are wired into the hatch trigger and only illuminate when the hatch is up. The factory smoked lexan has been removed to be bead blasted with my nickname. I am praying It's done in time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Etching (bead blasting) of the amplifier lexan is done. The LED lighting inside the amp didnt create the effect I was going for but I wont have time before the show to fix it. Basicly the LED's need to be rotated 90deg. so they shine into the edges of the lexan instead of down into the amp. That should make the etching glow and pop better.

Also added a few LED light strips million color with sound activation and wireless remote to the interior.

And last for tonight I picked up most of the new decals for the windows on my way home. Will have my window tinter install them Wed or Thursday.

Stay tuned I will post some more pics Thursday night to see what you guys think before her first show. It won't be completely done but not a bad start for doing it in off time over the last couple months.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Very cool man. Looks very promising.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts