Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I have a 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback with a moon roof. I had a question about the map lights. When the car door is opened are the map lights supposed to come on? I thought they used to come on but maybe I am crazy. I know the dome light comes on when you open the door but I also thought the map lights did also. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
My map lights only come on when I push them in (to turn them on). Mine's an 08. I don't think they've changed that feature since I got mine, but I could be wrong.
The dome light on the other hand has the option to turn on w/ the door open, or keep it off when the door is open.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Fyi your Versa also probably has the battery saver function, if you accidentally leave the map lights on [or any lights], they probably turn off after about 10-15 minutes.
Welcome Skylersmom1024!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Fyi your Versa also probably has the battery saver function, if you accidentally leave the map lights on [or any lights], they probably turn off after about 10-15 minutes.
Welcome Skylersmom1024!
Yes mine does this ... Went to start the car one morning and the first thing that turned on were the map light ... oops! Luckily no drained batter :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a very old thread But THANK YOU!!!! This answered my question. I left my Map lights on over night. when I wen out to car I could see them off But when I opened Door they were on... I knew that meant I had battery But I started it anyway and it worked. I was worried if I Drained Battery. So I google and found this thread.

I feel sooo much Better now. Thank you again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.