Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased the Racing Line Short Shifter and/or the 2J-Racing Lightweight Pulley? What was your experience with the products? Are they worth it? I was about to purchase and then logic bit me in the ass and I figured I should ask before I buy.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh Just thought about this as well. Has anyone purchased the B2 body kit from Duraflex? I've looked around at all the body kits, but since the last time I asked some damage has been done to my bumpers here and there, thanks to mindless drivers, and I noticed that this is a full replacement of the bumpers. Not sure if others do as well but this was the cheapest and Christmas is coming so I have some time off to play with the car, but less money to use on myself.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
I just got my racingline shifter a few days ago, I havent installed it yet but it looks good. I have no experience with the lightweight pulley.. I believe it was discontinued?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh ok I will did a little deeper for info on the pulleys. If you could let me know how things go after the install that would be great. If all is good will pick one up for sure. Thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
you wont notice anything with pulleys. Theoretically they do the same as a lightweight flywheel but your only removing ozs instead of lbs. Whats interesting to me is they dont even list what pulley it is i assume its for the crank????

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
you wont notice anything with pulleys. Theoretically they do the same as a lightweight flywheel
It does make a noticeable difference, lightweight flywheels makes a difference too. It gives the motor less rotating mass. Makes it rev up quicker. The pulley does remove LBS, because the pulley itself only weights 18oz's. .

but your only removing ozs instead of lbs
Wrong. Some aluminum flywheels can remove up to 15lbs from the rotating assembly. My fidanza flywheel on the se-r weights only 11lbs and my oem one was at 25 +/-lbs.

Whats interesting to me is they dont even list what pulley it is i assume its for the crank????
Yes, its the crank pulley.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
The concerns I have with this pulley though is that there is no dampening. Is the stock pulley not a torsional damper as well?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've installed pulleys on my rx 7 and didn't notice nada a factory steel pulley is what at max 5lbs 15 with a balancer. compared to 1lb not a big difference I would not install any pulley without a balancer without making sure the rotating assy is 100% internally balanced a lot of times engines are called internal balanced but they require the steel pulley to stay ballanced.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Go for it a would ask if the pulleys were heat treated because if not I would worry about the key way going out eventually

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Tubtub, I will get my hands on one in the next few weeks. still paying off christmas lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.