Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with the SL premium audio package that comes with the rockford fosgate subwoofer install an aftermarket headunit and manage to figure out how to re-wire the sub to get it to work?

·
Registered
67 Posts
In most cases you have to dump the old amp and get an aftermarket one. Stock amps suck anyways. You're gonna be wanting to swap it out as soon as you hear what it sound like with an aftermarket head unit anyways.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In most cases you have to dump the old amp and get an aftermarket one. Stock amps suck anyways. You're gonna be wanting to swap it out as soon as you hear what it sound like with an aftermarket head unit anyways.
where is the stock amp?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The stock amp is what's powering the factory Rockford Fosgate system that's in your car. Its powering all your speakers, including your sub. You can't just install a new head unit. You have to get an aftermarket amplifier along with the new head unit, or take it to a stereo place so they can figure out how to wire in the stock amplifier to the new head unit.I suggest you go with a new amplifier, because its a pain in the ass to rewire stock audio to aftermarket, and its costly. I install sound systems on the side so I'm telling u from experience.
Check out: Car Audio, Car Stereo System, Subwoofer, Car Amplifier, Audio Speakers
They have the best deals on car audio that I know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a used Rockford Fosgate subwoofer from a crashed versa this week-end and I managed to make it work with an aftermarket head unit. Seems like there is an integrated amplifier in the subwoofer itself. So what I did is simply run a power wire, a ignition wire with a ground to the subwoofer and for the audio source I simply took the signal from the rear right speaker.(I know I could have routed a signal wire from the headunit but I didn't have any RCA cable in hand) And it just sound awesome. Just wanted to let you guys know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.