Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and it's my first post. Hope some of you know how to handle that.

I purchased an extended warranty for my Nissan Versa 2009. Recently the back door cannot be opened and so I brought it back to the dealer. (2 to 3 months from now).

The dealer asked me to leave it for one day and return it back to me saying they need to order a part to fix it.

The next time they called me in and saying the part has arrived. Then they say there's another part is needed.

The third time they say it should be the last time to call me to have it fixed. However, there is one more part they need to get the door fix and from now on, they claim there is back-order to the part and until now.

I think the dealer is so unprofessional and suspecting they are trying to waste my time to escape from fixing the car. Is it possible? If yes, do you have any suggestion for me please?

The service guy said they can't use other brand on my car since my car is in extended warranty. (Is that true?)

Thanks,

Ricky

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
sometimes they just don't know all that is needed until they take it apart and look at it. A lot of Versa parts are on back order I noticed. Maybe because they sell alot of them all over the world or they just don't make many parts.

If not satisfied with the dealer then try another one. I think they are trying to help just not doing a very good job. Doesn't seem like they are trying to get out of anything. Since they don't make money on warranty repairs and our cars are the bottom of the food chain I'm sure they aren't giving you top priority either. Maybe another dealer will be more helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased the extended warranty from the seller. Does that extended warranty also applicable in other nissan dealership?

I am actually not sure if the warranty is under the seller or the nissan.

Thanks,

Ricky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.