Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - first post. :) I wasn't sure which category to post in...

I've had my Versa for about 3 months now. I have a 2010 1.8 Hatchback automatic. When I start the car and reverse, it feels almost like something is shifting in the bottom of the car (I can feel it with my foot). After reversing and driving forward, it feels fine.

Am I crazy?? Does anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's rare that I'm parked where I don't reverse...so I guess I would never have noticed it by just driving forward right off the bat. I'll have to see! :)

My previous car did not have ABS...so I was thinking that's what it was, I'm just totally not used to it.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
The abs system does some sort of self check when the car reaches a certain speed [about 10-15km/h] after starting. It makes a bit of clunk noise. There is no indicator light to tell us this. I do all my reversing prior to shutoff, so i can't confirm if this is what is happening to you in reverse. There is more about it somewhere in an older thread.
Hope it helps:)08v

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you both for your help! It does make a sound when it happens...nothing loud or anything. But I'm pretty sure it's the ABS check after your responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts