Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a postcard a few months back saying my 2014 Versa had its warranty on the CVT extended to 7 years/84,000 miles. A few questions as I got 72,000 miles on the car. What are the signs that transmission is going bad on this car? I had a couple jerky movements the other day going around a corner after a stop at a stop sign.....may be bad gas or sticky foot pedal. I am going to watch it closely. Also, when the extended warranty says 7 years, does that mean through 2021 or just through 2020....it was not clear on that. Any information appreciated.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think 7 years probably starts from the date the car was first titled when sold new. Definitely keep an eye on it and if you have a CEL check the codes to be sure none of them pertain to the transmission. I'd be concerned about jerky performance. If you have a tach watch the RPM's to see if the RPM's are staying steady or if they suddenly go up for no apparent reason. This could be a sign the transmission is slipping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think 7 years probably starts from the date the car was first titled when sold new. Definitely keep an eye on it and if you have a CEL check the codes to be sure none of them pertain to the transmission. I'd be concerned about jerky performance. If you have a tach watch the RPM's to see if the RPM's are staying steady or if they suddenly go up for no apparent reason. This could be a sign the transmission is slipping.
Thanks for the reply, will definitely keep any eye on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a postcard a few months back saying my 2014 Versa had its warranty on the CVT extended to 7 years/84,000 miles. A few questions as I got 72,000 miles on the car. What are the signs that transmission is going bad on this car? I had a couple jerky movements the other day going around a corner after a stop at a stop sign.....may be bad gas or sticky foot pedal. I am going to watch it closely. Also, when the extended warranty says 7 years, does that mean through 2021 or just through 2020....it was not clear on that. Any information appreciated.
  • I had similar date question (2015 purchased new 2016, manufactured 2014). Called NISSAN CUSTOMER AFFAIRS at 800-647-7261.
  • Was asked for my VIN # then she confirmed that the vehicle was in my name, and their recorded date of purchase.
  • She stated warranty based upon purchase date.
  • Although she answered quickly without issue, at close of call, I was given a CASE # and her NAME and ID #, "if I needed to refer to the conversation in the future".
Their hours:
Monday through Friday:
7:00 AM to 10:00 PM CST
Saturday:
7:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
  • I had similar date question (2015 purchased new 2016, manufactured 2014). Called NISSAN CUSTOMER AFFAIRS at 800-647-7261.
  • Was asked for my VIN # then she confirmed that the vehicle was in my name, and their recorded date of purchase.
  • She stated warranty based upon purchase date.
  • Although she answered quickly without issue, at close of call, I was given a CASE # and her NAME and ID #, "if I needed to refer to the conversation in the future".
Their hours:
Monday through Friday:
7:00 AM to 10:00 PM CST
Saturday:
7:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST
Thank you for this information, I am going to give them a call to get actual purchase date so I know how much time left on the warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts