Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was possible to control my mp3 player's track selection, etc. through the Versa's stock audio system when the mp3 player is connected through the AUX input, in the same way that CD tracks are played/selected. However, I just bought an mp3 player and connected it to the AUX input, and the only way I can control the tracks playing on the mp3 player is through the mp3 player itself. Is this the way the Versa's audio system is supposed to work or is there something wrong with it? I have a 2007 SL with the bluetooth/RF subwoofer system, in case it matters.

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't think it's possible to control anything connected to an Aux input jack. I don't have the fancy 6cd changer stereo but maybe it has an iPod cable interface.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have the 6 disc, and you have to control it from the MP3 player. That MP3 input is for input only, and has no connection to be able to control it from the radio. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2010 SL with an aux jack and the ipod interface connection thing. Using the aux input, i have to work the music through the ipod itself, but when connected to the ipod cable, i am able to navigate my songs and playlists through the stock radio. As said above, i dont think its possible to control a device with an aux connection alone

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree with everyone else. AUX Inputs only allow an audio and/or video signal to pass. They're not designed for device control. I have a Sony touchscreen with a USB interface cable to control my ipod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. I obviously got my information muddled and will have to live with controlling my mp3's thru my mp3 player. Now I need to find a gizmo to mount the player on the dash where it's easy to see and reach. Can anyone recommend a good mount or bracket that doesn't require drilling holes or otherwise messing up the dash?

Thanks...again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.