Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here, and unfamiliar with Nissan in general.

I am looking at a 2007 Versa, and it seems to be a nice car. Is there anything in particular I should look out for with these models when buying one, or is there any particular problems with them?

Any information and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Some had issue with broken springs. Others have issues with the transmission if its an automatic or cvt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi allos,

How many miles (or km) does it have on it?

My wife drives a Versa sedan - 2006 with the 15.litre 4speed Auto - 68000 km - had it for the last two years with absolutely no issues. I drive a Tiida hatchback for the last year now - and only recently noticed strange sounds coming from my CVT transmission - but otherwise she performs beautifully.

I would say they are generally strong, reliable cars - however you may want to have pre-purchase inspection done by a reputable mechanic - check the transmission - and the suspension - then maybe take out a warranty just in case.

other than that, I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have my 2007 Versa hatchback since 2007. I had replaced the following:
- replaced broken suspension springs, then replace them again on recall
- replaced strut bearings
- replace lower control arm including ball joint
- air bag light came on due to broken clock spring
- replaced wheel bearings under warranty

In general, I am not happy with Nissan engineering. The design is to allow Nissan dealer to charge expensive maintenance.
- The intake manifold is mounted on top of engine. A 30 minutes job to change spark plug ended up couple of hours as I had to take the intake manifold off first to access the spark plugs.
- When my air bag light came on 3 years ago, dealer wants $1100 to fix it. I said forget it. Then, I took my 07 Versa in for the air bag recall few months ago. The same dealer said the clock spring is broken and costs $430 to replace. I said forget it since I don't have air bag for over 3 years. From this forum, I found a thread on how to change the clock spring for less than $50. If I am not doing repair and maintenance myself, I will let my 07 Versa go for a long time ago. I cannot pay for expensive repair at Nissan dealer. It is not cheap to repair my Versa by independent repair shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts