Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I worked my ass off this summer and bought a pre-owned 2019 Nissan Versa. She's adorable and been very reliable on my travels.

Today, I was driving to school and I barely noticed a quiet high-pitched squeal. I live in Idaho and I did have a slight frost on my car, so my first thought was it was just because my engine was cold. I didn't go very far, so my engine never got the chance to fully warm up, however I started to notice it only squealed at certain times. It only squealed between 0 and 25ish mph. I would go about 30 mph, no squeal, as soon as the car naturally started to slow and got between 0 and 25 mph I would hear the squeal. It has NOTHING to do with brake application. The squeal happened with or without brake application. I checked the oil to make sure it wasn't low, checked my pulleys and none of the seemed broken, my serpentine belt seemed fine (no seen wearing). The car only has about 13,000 miles on it, its brand new! So I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

If anybody has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford any huge fixes so naturally I'm panicking. Since it's pre-owned only the transmission is covered under warranty and I highly doubt it's the transmission.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is the car an auto transmission or a manual? I remember reading about this same exact issue with a CVT. But I can't find the post now.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Don't be too sure it's NOT the transmission if it is a CVT. They can make a lot of wildly different noises. And if the noise goes for long periods over a second or two then I would suspect trans even more.

There is a reason why someone walked away with a big chunk of loss to sell a car with that low mileage before they got much of the value out of it. Or it was a rental and abused.

I'd say serp belt or pulleys but that would be highly unusual at that low mileage. Engines themselves rarely make any noises like that if you remove the belt from the problem. MANY describe CVT noise as a whine, if you can say that you suddenly join great masses of people.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had this same noice since Oct ish, mine is a 09 with 170,000+ milage. I replaced the belts, it is only making it when I have the ac/heat on. Would like to know what the fix it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hello everyone,
I worked my ass off this summer and bought a pre-owned 2019 Nissan Versa. She's adorable and been very reliable on my travels.

Today, I was driving to school and I barely noticed a quiet high-pitched squeal. I live in Idaho and I did have a slight frost on my car, so my first thought was it was just because my engine was cold. I didn't go very far, so my engine never got the chance to fully warm up, however I started to notice it only squealed at certain times. It only squealed between 0 and 25ish mph. I would go about 30 mph, no squeal, as soon as the car naturally started to slow and got between 0 and 25 mph I would hear the squeal. It has NOTHING to do with brake application. The squeal happened with or without brake application. I checked the oil to make sure it wasn't low, checked my pulleys and none of the seemed broken, my serpentine belt seemed fine (no seen wearing). The car only has about 13,000 miles on it, its brand new! So I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

If anybody has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford any huge fixes so naturally I'm panicking. Since it's pre-owned only the transmission is covered under warranty and I highly doubt it's the transmission.

Thanks again!
What is the mileage on the car?? From everything I read, the basic warranty is transferable as long as you haven't gone beyond the 36,000 miles cap. Prior to getting your self bent out of shape give Nissan a call to get the FACTS about the warranty coverage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts