Nissan Versa Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone raced anyone else with their Versa? Any good/bad experiences? I know this is unsafe but some people have good control while at it. Post your experiences...

I've raced a few Civics, Integras, and I think one Sentra.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Civics with v-tec or non v-tec and any SI's?

You have manual so your good to race i would but i know i wouldn't win since i have an automatic(sometimes i race just for the fun of it, and i try to def race ricers hahaha). If they guy is a sucky driver and is just a ricer then of course i would win, like i did with this Eclipse rs ricer boy who i won against when he was acting hard with his gf.
I had to put him in check, he started to pull went fast then braked and gave me the peace sign signally he won, even though i wasn't racing him so that is when i pulled up against him told him on 3 we go and we did and surprising enough i beat him a car length and stopped at 80 going in a 45 ; p

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the Civics appeared to be a 99-00 EX(not sure, race was around 11pm), got him/her in 2nd gear.

2nd Civic was a '95 LX(b18c), got me in 3rd gear...didnt catch up til about a mile later(at a light). :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
i raced an accord at night i thought it was a 4 banger but turned out to be a v6. Reason being i thought it was a v4 because it had those performance (1)exhaust that looked stock and debaged as well. I can tell between the 4 banger hondas and v6 and this was a v6 because usually with the civics that aren't si's i can keep up half a car length or less. but this accord smoked me by 2 3 1/2 car lenghts.

GSR engines go hard too, but i tell you i laugh at the people who don't know how to drive cars that have good engines....

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What year Accord? I had a '90 4-door as my 1st car and I loved it.

And I know about people who dont know how to handle their car, when I had my Accord(auto, then conveted to manual) I raced a newer Infinity G20(same as Sentra SE-R) and beat him/her. :yesnod:

·
Registered
294 Posts
the '06 im pretty sure that is what year it is, the ones with like the somewhat looking triangle tail lights. I really admire those ones for sure, and he had a coupe too so it looked decent. Why decent you say...he had pep boys air vents on the doors...WTH?!?!?! I wouldn't say ricer ricer, but pretty fucking close to ricer.

HOORAY for racing and winning a noob who he thought he was cool in a NISSAN lol..I love it when people who are so self centered and i say hey nice Toyota when it's a lexus and they SAY no it's not a toyota it's a lexus or same with Scions haha they are so hot headed and n00bs.

Imagine the Versa being the next SPEC-V!!!!!!!!! i really want to get a hold of a SPEC-V, i've driven in one and they sound sick and everthing, let's say i need some tissues ; p

I don't like the new sentra se-r + and now newer cars look so much heavier : /

·
Registered
294 Posts
APLIX, like i said i thought it was a v4 because of the performance exhaust that looked stock and it was only one exhaust. v6 have 2 exhaust and i was sure if someone had a v6 they would put 2 after market exhaust, can you really blame me??? He wanted to look like a sleeper and he did and thumbs up to him because after we raced we talked for awhile.(he is the one who approached me)

You can say whatever you want that it's childish or whatever, but hey i only race when there are no people endangered as in if there are multiple cars ahead of us. Yes, tracks are open everyday so we can race...no they are not and plus i like street racing more then anything, go ahead ridicule me or etc. but i always look for potential speed traps (that is why i always have my police radar detector with me) and more than half we have a spotter since i always roll with my buddys. You can't convince everyone...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i used to race on streets, but now i don't. dangerous, too many cops... don't want the attention. itll be fun to mess around with someone on the road but not a full on race. track ftw

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
APLIX, like i said i thought it was a v4 because of the performance exhaust that looked stock and it was only one exhaust. v6 have 2 exhaust and i was sure if someone had a v6 they would put 2 after market exhaust, can you really blame me??? He wanted to look like a sleeper and he did and thumbs up to him because after we raced we talked for awhile.(he is the one who approached me)

You can say whatever you want that it's childish or whatever, but hey i only race when there are no people endangered as in if there are multiple cars ahead of us. Yes, tracks are open everyday so we can race...no they are not and plus i like street racing more then anything, go ahead ridicule me or etc. but i always look for potential speed traps (that is why i always have my police radar detector with me) and more than half we have a spotter since i always roll with my buddys. You can't convince everyone...
Again with the V4!!! Clearly as you are a previous Honda owner, you'd know what an INLINE 4 is.

You really think street racing is safe?

·
Registered
294 Posts
i used to race on streets, but now i don't. dangerous, too many cops... don't want the attention. itll be fun to mess around with someone on the road but not a full on race. track ftw
I know where your coming from that is why i sold my GSR integra turbo that i had. I had some way too many close calls but thank god i haven't gotten a ticket and hope i don't! So i thought maybe this could be the end for me if i get a nice looking car that is an automatic even tho i wanted a manual but best if i got an automatic so i wouldn't race but oh well...that is how i got my VERSA which i love and cherish though :jumping:. Versa's do have potential... and now i'm saving up for a project car :bash: but can you really blame me for having a passion for cars and going fast? Yeah i will take it to the track when i have the time but you always get those temptations too...

·
Registered
294 Posts
No i never said street racing is safe, i simply told you i take precautionary steps. Are they 100% safe proof, of course not!!!

If you are simple just going to tell me it's unsafe and keep debating even though i pretty much agreed with you twice, i get your message.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i see your reasoning and logic behind buying the sentra spec v.

Wouldn't it be nice if nissan made a spec v hk though?

Instead of going through all that hassle to swap the engine and all that other jazz.

I know i would buy one, but i guess it's coming from a guy who likes speed idk...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.