Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering if anyone has any idea why sometimes the light for the radio face is bright and everything on the face of the radio/clock can be read with no problem but most of the time it's dim and you can't read anything. It's been like that ever since I bought the car in Feb. 2019. The day I took it for a test drive it was bright as it should be but I noticed either later that day after the purchase or within a few days it was dim. On sunny days the display is always dim on cloudy days it varies sometimes bright sometimes dim.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Seeing as I don't have as much knowlege on gen 2, I can give you some ideas at least.
GM radios have a habit of doing this. Usually the problem is a bad light sensor.
Could also be sunfade.

Reactions: pimperell

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seeing as I don't have as much knowlege on gen 2, I can give you some ideas at least.
GM radios have a habit of doing this. Usually the problem is a bad light sensor.
Could also be sunfade.
Sun fade was my first thought too. A couple days ago I checked you tube videos and found people replacing the radio display module for this exact reason. I checked the price of the display module and they seem to be running about $50 so as long as the radio/cd player works I'm just going to leave it as is. I'd previously thought maybe it could be something such as a poor/dirty connection that could be fixed easily and inexpensive.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Some electronic devices with displays have something called adaptive brightness, that uses an ambient light sensor to automatically adjust a display's brightness to the surroundings. This may cause unwanted brightness level changes unless disabled. So check your car radio if it has that feature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my 2015, the display fades with warmer weather. I've found a vendor who claims to sell replacement displays, but the first one didn't fit (incorrect plug). He's sending me another display as we speak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts