Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My dad has that radio in his 10 cube SL. It is only in the SL cubes from 09-10. The 11 changed to the navi system. Rogue and Sentra SL also used these radios untill 2011.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
radio in the cube

My dad has that radio in his 10 cube SL. It is only in the SL cubes from 09-10. The 11 changed to the navi system. Rogue and Sentra SL also used these radios untill 2011.
Mine came off a Cube 2010. Now I need to find the module for the ipod. Bought one on line, but the cables did not plug on the back of the radio. Have search around and the module seems to be the same for all models an years after 2007, EN-1254 U, so I will continue and try to get it before long. Dioes your Dad have the Workshop manual for the cube? That would have the model/serial numbers for the proper wires. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ipod interface

Got the interface in over the weekend and went and connected it to the radio. No luck. No power or any indication that is is working. I had to turn the ipod on manually and the radio did not reconigzed it on the ipod mode. There is no other harness on the car, (S model) for anything else in the area.
I was able to download a workshop manual for the 2009 Cube and will read some more tomorrow. So far I believe the power comes from the radio to the ipod interface and the ipod interface is grounded to the body on the car. Will continue researching and trying to get this going. I really want to stay away from any aftermarket set ups.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is the adapter you are looking for a USB port like the navigation system does? Or is it just another cable that is similar to the baseline headunit. Just throwing it out. The only experience I have is with with USB system in my V.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cables/radapte

Is the adapter you are looking for a USB port like the navigation system does? Or is it just another cable that is similar to the baseline headunit. Just throwing it out. The only experience I have is with with USB system in my V.
I have the cable that connects the ipod to the interface, which connects to the radio. Additionally, I have two other cables that connect to the interface but will not connect anywhere on the radio. Based on that and the schematic I have from the Cube manual, I believe there is a harness that comes from the fuse box that feeds power to the interface. As I mentioned earlier, I am going to keep researching until I am able to get this hook up. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If this helps this came off of my 11 Sentra with navi.

From left to right. The grey plug is am/fm antenna, yellow and blue are Xm and Navi, The big square fat plug was my AUX/USB cable that was in the armrest, and the white harness on the bottom was main harness, and the one up top was for bluetooth, but I dont know what else it was for. But I traced the USB cable when I had the car, but there is no additional wire. The power should be coming from the radio, but maybe theres another wire with the bluetooth plug that would make it work? But I dont see how.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I did some research and see its not the same backing. You still use the ipod interface that almost all the other radios use. Im not sure. Its the right plug? The radio works for it? My dads has a USB port. So Its a USB port on one end, and a white plug harness for the radio on the other end. I dont see why its not working. Something isnt right, and maybe a local Nissan parts center call is needed and maybe they can help you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Awsome!

If this helps this came off of my 11 Sentra with navi.

From left to right. The grey plug is am/fm antenna, yellow and blue are Xm and Navi, The big square fat plug was my AUX/USB cable that was in the armrest, and the white harness on the bottom was main harness, and the one up top was for bluetooth, but I dont know what else it was for. But I traced the USB cable when I had the car, but there is no additional wire. The power should be coming from the radio, but maybe theres another wire with the bluetooth plug that would make it work? But I dont see how.
Mine has all the same plugs except for the NAV. It does not have the USB, since the interface I have has the ipod plug. I still believe the power should come from the radio, since there is no other connections around in that area. I have not had a chance to look into it any further since I am working on two other cars that I have to get off my yard. Thanks for the pictures and the great input.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Harness

Finally made to the dealership and here is what I found out: Like most new cars, Nissan wired the vehicles for the specific model, S, Sl, whathaveyou. So in order to get my ipod interface to work, I have to find an Sl model at the junkyard or from someone parting out theirs, and get the radio harness from them. I am happy with the radio now and I am able to use the ipod through the AUX. However, I will continue my search and try to get the harness to get this working like it needs to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm looking to do this to my 13. Found an 05 sentra radio. Anyone know if it will plug in? I'd really like to get an iPod ready reciever in my S. anyone know a source to a cheap factory radio that would bolt is and plug in?

·
Registered
102 Posts
you all know you can get a wiring harness that just allows you to plug your aftermarket stereo in right? they even sell them for speakers. better than cutting your factory wires all to heck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Too easy

you all know you can get a wiring harness that just allows you to plug your aftermarket stereo in right? they even sell them for speakers. better than cutting your factory wires all to heck.
Anyone can hook up an aftermarket radio. But the challenge to gook up a Nissan radio, Without hacking anything... Now, that's a challenge

21 - 35 of 35 Posts