Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just have a question and I wanted to get some feedback if possible. My daughter purchased a brand new 2020 Nissan Versa last year, and since day one, the volume on the radio itself seems to be possessed. When you attempt to adjust the volume with the knob, it just does what it wants to do and it will continue to do it for a good 5 to 10 seconds after you stop touching it. She has the volume on the steering wheel, and it works just fine, but every once in a while we get the passenger in the car that doesn't know their place in the vehicle and attempts to use the knob. It doesn't seem to have any sort of resistance to the knob, as my first thought was that maybe something was spilled in it. She won't take it to have it looked at, even though I'm sure it's covered by the warranty, so I was hoping that maybe someone else had experienced this and knew of a quick fix for it. The dealer that sold her the car, really took her to the cleaners on it, so I can understand her reluctance to go in. She firmly believes that the dealership had some sort of a wager on who could unload this particular versa due to its unconventional design. Everything about it seems contradictory to the standard sv versa. If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced this themselves, I would love to get your take on how to DIY.

I thank you in advance for your advice, comments, and/or criticism.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I bought my 2020 Versa pre owned it had a problem with the volume knob as you describe. I found a TSB that said a fix is to clear some corrosion from the volume control by:
1. With the radio off, for 30 seconds rotate the volume clockwise rapidly,
2. 30 seconds counter clockwise rapidly
3. 30 seconds rotate 90 or so degrees back and forth clockwise and counter clockwise.
I did and the problem was fixed and has not recurred.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your replies. I think I'm going to try hlcunningham's suggestion first. It seems to be the most painless. But If it doesnt work, I will let her know to take it in. Shes gotten pretty used to using the stearing wheel and we all know what a pleasure it is to go into the dealerships. It may remain as it is. I'll let you know if your trick works hlcunningham. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts