Nissan Versa Forums banner

Raise the Versa (hatchback)...

19K views 63 replies 27 participants last post by  07Versa6MT 
#1 ·
:eek:mg Is what you very well could be thinking.

Well I've always been one to do things different, opposite of the "norm."
I was wondering if any one had info, or could direct me somewhere were I could find out what it would take to raise my car 1-2 inches higher.
I'm going to do a photoshop of it to see if I would like if or if it would look just plain stupid.

Laterz.... :66:

#4 ·
Reason why... It may be surprising but my front will scrape on some drive way and dip areas. I know that I can turn the wheels a bit more so I won't be scraping the front.
Another reason, I think it would look cool. But not 100% on how it will look.
Hence why I will do a photo shop pic to see how it looks.

Thanks about the tip with the wheels.

#12 ·
I could do that. However if I remember correctly it would cause issues for safety. And I don't like the air struts anyway. Thanks for your input though!

#13 ·
the air ride set up is just like a factory set up. you control the psi and height, been used to lower cars for several years, and also on 4x4's. the range rover uses air bags to raise n lower the vehicle. no safety issues.

#14 ·
Imo i wouldnt do that, versa's aren't cars to be raised. Fwd small hatch wouldn't look good. But if your all about that more power to ya! otherwise stay stock

#16 ·
Check air ride technologies, also awhile back someone posted a you tube video of a versa lowered with that system.
To each his or her own. Some want stock height, others lower, adn if you pull it of and it looks tastefully, you'll set a new trend. just ake your time and use a well trusted mechanic

#18 ·
i'd say go for it with the raised V. there was a guy i knew from another forum who had a B15 sentra that was raised at least 6" and had mounted a bully bar in front of the bumper. it was pretty neat, and at the least, obviously out of the ordinary.

hell, if you were to do it, i'd even suggest throwing on some rally lights and roof lights too.

#19 ·
Right on! I was thinking of raising my sentra when I had it. Lol! Time will tell on what I do. Just need to save money, starting now.
:biggrinjester:

#21 ·
and thats what matters what you like Im sure not every one likes mine but thats ok I do. and besides I think kit looks great just how she is :)

#23 ·
I know what its like to drive shit roads all day, and high and low ground. My sentra is I think about 1in lower, and it looks good, but its a pain in the ass to wash around the tire. I can't stick my hand between the tire and fender they are so close, and my front bumper? Don't even get me started. That front bottom bumper is so tore up its un real. So I understand how fustrating it is to have a low car in crappy roads. I've got back roads, dirt roads, gravel roads, hills, u name it. In 1 month will be 1 year, and I feel I should invest in a new front bumper, lol. sad thing is, mines factory height as well. I felt like the versa was an off roader, the amount of ground clearance it had. It seemed like I could hang out with the jeeps all day, lol

#24 ·
It's weird, I never had any issues with my sentra (it was stock height). I was able to clear just about any situation thrown my way. With the V there are a few places that I have to be extra careful or the front is scraped. Which surprises me.

I agree with what others have said. It's my car, and I do what I want to make it a comfortable, enjoyable ride. And there is no point in trying to please everyone, because it's impossible.

I'm going to try and do some photoshop tonight, then when it is done and has the look I am going for I'll post some pics.

#26 ·
:shocked: is that ok to do? I ask because an ex of mine used them on his car. Either they were spacers, or he lowered his car (can't remember). And he had a lot of issues. Better to be safe than sorry. :)

#27 ·
I dont see why not. I had 2" spacers in my jeep with stock shocks. The hard part would be the extra stress on the axles ball joints and tie rods. I wouldnt dream of doing this to this car. Regardless of how it looks good or bad-its going to cause massive issues

#29 ·
So, let me see if I understand you correctly.
With this car it would be best to not use spacers?

#28 ·
the only time I would lower my car is if I win the lottery so if you see my car lowered, you know why LOL

anyway, I think its kool that you want to make it higher. maybe get higher profile tires, and longer shocks and springs or something

#30 ·
Thank you for your input. That's another idea that I was thinking about.
Just trying to find out all the possible ideas, see which one is the safest, and also cost. *money.... :svengo:

#34 · (Edited)
this is an interesting idea, i say go for it lol.. i like my v lowered just my own take on it, but hey if thats what you want and it would benefit you why the hell not! :)

and even zig zagging around pot holes and poorly constructed areas, and roads under construction you still scrape the bottom of you v? thats harsh.. im always zig zagging just so i dont bottom out lol.. makes me look like im drunk, probably what other drivers think at least haha

#35 ·
I'm ok on the bottom with the crappy roads and potholes, I do avoid anything that will be too rough on the struts, tires, etc. Just where I live has way too many dips, and driveway entrances that scrape my front under my bumper.
I'm leaning towards raising it. At least 1 inch. You'll notice a difference, but not dramatic.

#39 · (Edited)
Alright, lets make a conclusion. If you believe you should raise it an 1" or 2, then go for it! Dont let us tell you yes or no. Its your money, your car, your life! If I was you id just do it! Everyone take a minute to look at Subaru's. The outback is high off the ground, and you either take it or leave it! I personally dont think it looks bad, and for what Subaru makes their cars for, it makes sense. I know the Versa isnt made for off roading, but still, what about Versa rally cars? We are talking about looks, not climbing rocks! If you dont like it, then bring it back to normal, plain and simple! Id just do it, and not worry about a thing. If you want it, and think it would be good, go for it! Hey, when it snows, I know one person who can make it in their Versa!

#40 ·
AMEN!!! 'Nuff said. :D
Thanks again all for your input. It's nice to see what others think, good or negative. :thumb2:

#44 · (Edited)
Believe me, I planned to do everything required to have the vehicle safe. I'd have to because some times where I drive we get 45+ mph winds.

#45 ·
I would want to raise mine too. We live 40-45 minutes from the nearest gas station. So far I have not had issues with the height but I just bought it a couple weeks ago and winter and rain have not played with our roads yet.

I have lifted a few Jeeps and such. Spacers would work but would not be optimal because your travel would be reduced by that same amount.

The right way to lift is with new springs/struts. The problem is going to be that you will have to do a major alignment all around after. Camber is going to be a mess to deal with because of the control arm length. I can't say it wont work, just might need some fabrication work. You may also have to extend your brake lines and such.

I am going to work on mine in a couple months to see what can be done. I will try to remember to post back here for you. Also, if you go higher, you may choose to go with a bigger tire. 1 inch of lift could accommodate another 1.5 - 2 inches of tire. That would give you 1 3/4 - 2 inches of total additional ground clearance. Just be careful with the tires. The extra weight could be too much on the shafts and bearings. It will also greatly reduce your gas mileage and pep.

#46 ·
Stryker: that is a lot of good helpful information. Very appreciated. I would love to read your post (if you do remember to post it). It will be a while before I do anything, but that will give me time to do some research and get all the correct information that I need.
I do know a lot of changes would need to be done, and am most certain it could be costly. But I would rather fork out the money to have it safe then be cheap and unsafe.
Thanks again!

#48 ·
i love that idea. i'm a little iffy about the stock height. I'd either want it higher or lower. But I too say go for it!!

Also a little off topic, jesusabrito: Hola!!! Yo soy de maracaibo pero vivo en EEUU! eres de caracas?

#55 ·
I know that quite a few people are frowning upon the idea, yet there are a few others who like the idea, and think it's kind of cool.
No need to be hating, LOL! (just kidding) :)

#53 · (Edited)
When you raise your car, it puts everything out of alignment, even worse than lowering. And they barely make parts to fix alignment for lowering a versa. It will put alot of stress on parts like the drive shafts as well. I would try putting a bigger sidewall tire on before anything else, or buy another car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.