Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys, Ive been a fan of the website for a long time, first post for me! Ive been wondering if anyone has any ideas or has made a rally light bar for the Versa. I drive in back country roads all the time at night and would like to put some Hella 500 fog lights on the front. Its way too cold for me to lift my car up and take a look underneath for any mounting holes.

If you have a clue on how I can install a light bar and mount two 6" fogs on it, please let me know!!!
Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just looked at my versa and there is no place to install anything between the hood and the grille or the bumper and the grille. It would have to go through the front bumper. I will look into this some more tomorrow. Just need to find a place to mount it to that uses factory bolts and I would be all for this. If I can find a good mount point then I can fab up a bracket. I would like to make it removable without to much work. Have one piece that mounts to the car behind the bumper. Then have another that the lights mount to and attaches to the mount behind the bumper with a few pins. I have a set of Hella 500s on my truck and love them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If i mount two 6" fogs behind the lower grill, wont that cover the radiator too much? Im worried about overheating it. Ive been researching, can i take off the bumper cover and drill holes in the bumper beam? Anyone pull off the bumper cover ever? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ive pulled off the bumper before, trust me theres lots of metal real estate to mount. Just gotta triangulate a solid point for the lights. 6" are huge, hope ya gonna be running a bigger battery and alternator.

·
Registered
452 Posts
if it was me i would probably run down thru the foglight holes make it somewhat like a nerf bar i had the idea of putting my hella rally fog on the versa that way and that way no visible holes if you decide to take them off you would just have to find somewhere to mount the bars to unless you already have the factory fogs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.