Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Nissan Versa has error code for Range Sensor, sometimes.. Definitely not the sensor. Has anyone been dealing with this issue? Very frustrating, it's been in the shop several times and the only thing they do is work on wiring to the taillights.. Works for a while but check engine light comes back on.. Any advice?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Water in the tail lights is a main cause for this. Corrosion in the harness. If moisture keeps getting in there, it will keep happening. It's possible that's it's the range switch or wiring as well. How do you know for sure it's not the switch?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water in the tail lights is a main cause for this. Corrosion in the harness. If moisture keeps getting in there, it will keep happening. It's possible that's it's the range switch or wiring as well. How do you know for sure it's not the switch?
I know it's not the sensor because I've had it in the transmission shop twice. There was a recall on the reprogramming of the transmission. I had the dealership complete this recall and the light was back on before I got out of the parking lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am driving to Vegas to get married with my fiance we pulled over at a truck stop because the light came on I went over to AutoZone and they told me I had po705 told which is transmission range sensor a circuit. My question is am I going to be okay to drive 50 miles to the Nissan dealership?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am driving to Vegas to get married with my fiance we pulled over at a truck stop because the light came on I went over to AutoZone and they told me I had po705 told which is transmission range sensor a circuit. My question is am I going to be okay to drive 50 miles to the Nissan dealership?
Congratulations on getting married. Well my light is still on and I'm still driving with no issues. I ordered a new taillight just waiting to have it put on. I've taking mine to the transmission shop several times and they always work on the wiring harness on left taillight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts