Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang.
Here is the short story, the fiancee rear ended someone and had the car fixed by a certified shop. I have noticed the Versa is having some rattles when its on idle. Given that I did not replace the parts, can anyone help me out on what things usually rattle on these cars? ( hers is a 09 Versa 1.8). The rattle is not consistent so I cant pinpoint the noise, but it seems its mostly be heard while in a drive through.

I checked:

Belts ( I replaced em)
A/c tubing ( I found one tube that had metal on metal contact so I padded it and its fixed now)
wires
clips
engine mounts
Radiator

I plan to put the car up and get to the bottom of this mess this weekend so any things I should look out for will be appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey gang.
Here is the short story, the fiancee rear ended someone and had the car fixed by a certified shop. I have noticed the Versa is having some rattles when its on idle. Given that I did not replace the parts, can anyone help me out on what things usually rattle on these cars? ( hers is a 09 Versa 1.8). The rattle is not consistent so I cant pinpoint the noise, but it seems its mostly be heard while in a drive through.

I checked:

Belts ( I replaced em)
A/c tubing ( I found one tube that had metal on metal contact so I padded it and its fixed now)
wires
clips
engine mounts
Radiator

I plan to put the car up and get to the bottom of this mess this weekend so any things I should look out for will be appreciated.
Not sure if this is of any help, but the dealer had to pull the engine in my versa and I noticed a rattle after then put it all back together. I figured out it was the hood was the issue when at idle Seemed to setup a vibration at a specific RPM when car was in neutral. I ended up adjusting the spacing on the rubber grommets that press against the hood at the front of the radiator. Small circular rubber adjusters ( one on each side) That stopped the vibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.