Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My 2011 Versa S automatic has about 160K on it -- no major problems so far. Over past few months, it's developed a slight low-pitched rattle noise w/ accompanying slight vibration when I shift into gear. (When in neutral, no noise/vibration.) I think the noise persists when I'm driving, but not really noticeable. I think it's coming from underneath the car rather than engine compartment. I changed out the upper engine mount recently, just for fun, but that didn't do anything. All fluid levels are good. I'm going to do more investigating, but thought one of you might have an immediate theory or suggestion. Thx!

·
Registered
560 Posts
If you are in the rust belt, the flange on the catalytic could be rusting away.

Reactions: pimperell

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Keith. Guess it would've helped if I had mentioned my location. I'm in Southern Calif. I'll check the catalytic anyway. Thx!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree, it sounds like it could be a broken/loose exhaust hanger or perhaps the muffler is corroded inside. I had the same noise on my son's 2007 Tiida recently and it was the muffler corroded. Replaced it and all good now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, it sounds like it could be a broken/loose exhaust hanger or perhaps the muffler is corroded inside. I had the same noise on my son's 2007 Tiida recently and it was the muffler corroded. Replaced it and all good now.
HI jkperth. Thx for the tips. Will check those out. Thx!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts