Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i looked up this problem, i see that alot of people on other nissan forums are also having it but with slight variations as to where the rattling is, so i thought id start a thread of my own on my problem

when im stopped at a red light, or a stop sign or whatever-- when the brake is applied and ive come to a stop-- i start to hear a rattling noise coming from the back of the car, on the outside.

i couldnt notice it at first because my radio would drown it out, but its pretty loud when the radios off.

A few things i noted:
-the rattling noise seems to be coming in the general direction of the exhaust/muffler
-my rpm dips to around 750 when i apply the brakes and the car stops and shivers slightly at that mark
-when i push the throttle slightly, while holding the brakes, the rpm increases and the rattling noise dies; let go of the throttle, rpm dips and the rattling starts again
-i think the noise dies when i shift to park, dont remember

any hints tips etc? i havent been able to meet with a friend yet or anything so that while i apply the brakes, he can see if the mufflers rattling.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
take it to the dealership and tell them you have a rattle you want fixed. They should fix it no problem.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
any rattle like that makes me think heat shields. hold a hockey stick against the suspect rattle/shields/muffler to see if it goes away:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rear heat cover came loose 2 10mm nuts with no washers happened on my versa its a 2012.ijust put a washer on the nut bigger than the hole and problem solved. Its a common thing on nissan

·
Registered
90 Posts
I Have one that sounds like it is comming from the boot. Still have not found it, after checking that the mufler boxes etc is fastend properly, even took out everythin in the boot. same rattle sound.

there is another squeeck in the dash that I cant seem to find either.. it is driving me Nuts..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts