Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my '13 versa SV started having this rattling noise that happens when I'm braking and sometimes when I'm in park. Inside of the car it comes from the driver's side vent area, and when I pop the hood it sounds like it's coming from the cylinders. There's also this very quiet squeaking sound (similar to that of a tennis shoe on a gym floor) whenever I accelerate after coasting. I'm dropping it off overnight at the dealership on Monday. Any ideas to what it could be? anything I should suggest?

·
Registered
788 Posts
So my '13 versa SV started having this rattling noise that happens when I'm braking and sometimes when I'm in park. Inside of the car it comes from the driver's side vent area, and when I pop the hood it sounds like it's coming from the cylinders. There's also this very quiet squeaking sound (similar to that of a tennis shoe on a gym floor) whenever I accelerate after coasting. I'm dropping it off overnight at the dealership on Monday. Any ideas to what it could be? anything I should suggest?
The rattling noise could be the heat shield over the muffler. It is made of light metal, and sometimes get lose and rattles against the muffler. That noise will usually be heard at idle. As far as the squeaking sound, that could be the belt tensioner. Your doing the right thing bringing it to the dealer if it is under warranty. Good luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rattling noise could be the heat shield over the muffler. It is made of light metal, and sometimes get lose and rattles against the muffler. That noise will usually be heard at idle. As far as the squeaking sound, that could be the belt tensioner. Your doing the right thing bringing it to the dealer if it is under warranty. Good luck!!
Thanks! Another update: I checked my oil level and it was a bit higher than it should be, it kind of worries me because it was too high twice before in the last month (dealership fixed it both times). The other concern, when I rev the engine up to just under 2,000 rpm while the car is in park the everything starts to vibrate, is that a common finding? or should I bring it up at the dealership on monday?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thanks! Another update: I checked my oil level and it was a bit higher than it should be, it kind of worries me because it was too high twice before in the last month (dealership fixed it both times). The other concern, when I rev the engine up to just under 2,000 rpm while the car is in park the everything starts to vibrate, is that a common finding? or should I bring it up at the dealership on monday?
Yes, I would bring it up with the dealer, and make sure that it is documented. When I purchased my 2009 Versa sedan, I heard what I thought was a piston slap, and the car only had 5.000 miles on it. The tech who looked at it said it was a normal injection impulse sound, and it was documented as such. Each year, the noise became louder and louder, and this past December, while the car was still under warranty, I again complained about the noise, and the dealership agreed to put in a new short block under the power train warranty. All of my maintenance was done at the dealership, so there were no questions regarding whether or not the car was properly maintained, and the fact that the noise was documented at 5,000 miles also helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts