Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
for the past four weeks, if its not the dash, then under the brake pedal area. I would hear this metal rattling, like two washer hitting against each other. Ive crawl under the brake pedal and move them sideways, lateral motions. It seems like there is a noise, but I can not replicate it. This happens while driving, but one you step on it, no sound produced at all.
I have not crawl under the car around the exhaust area yet. I do not believe it is under the car, but rather around the brake pedal area.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would suggest that you get the car up on a lift and check out the exhaust components. The heat shields would be an excellent area to start with. They are flimsy, poorly attached, and have a tendency to break loose from the bolts that hold them in place. Next are the exhaust system hangers that hold the muffler system in place. If everything is ok, you may have an interior baffel in the muffler or catalytic converter that has come loose, which will require that either one may have to be replaced.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nothing under the car, all seems snug, that damn rattle seems more under the glove box. I took the box off and just cant find this metallic sound coming from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts