Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching on ebay and found this seller who has LED License Plate lamps for the Tiida/versa/ other nissans. The lamp is like the stock LED lamps that BMW's and Lexus vehicles have. BMW, Benz items in automotor168 store on eBay!

They ran me about $45 shipped, and took about 8 days to come from Taiwan. Comes with a one year warrenty. The seller didn't tell me if it had a resisitor inside, but he told me it has a vent that keeps it from overheating. I looked at some of the other bmw forums, and the reviews sounded good. So I decided to take a chance. I'm very happy with them. I've used led bulbs in the past with them not lasting long. Having everything built in, seemed better, which won me over.

In the first set of pictures, is the Box it came in, the lamp itself which I think has 8-13 LED's ( I forgot to count them lol). The lamp is identical to the oem lamp in size. I had no problem with the installation. The wire harness fit right in. The lamp didn't appear cheap to me. Took me about 2-3 minutes.

The seller gave me a warranty paper, but he already registered me in his database.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The second sets of pictures are during and after the installation of the Lamps.

The first picture shows the OEM lamp on the left, and the RDASH LED lamp on the right. It was a overcast day so you could get an idea of how it looks. I also took a night shot between the two.

The rest of the pictures are after the installation.

I’m very happy with them, and they look WHITE. I don’t see any blue in it or anything. Some people on the BMW forum say they are too bright. I think they look fine. It really blows away the stock look, but makes the car look better.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just two more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I Like

they do look pretty bright but they look good. I wonder how long they last, I'm still using OEM plate lamp, I check them every night before heading home

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I really do like them. It's a pure color white. I think they will last a while, and I have the warranty if anything happens. One member on the VW forum made a video of them, and said he has had it over a year, and it still works as good as the day he installed it. When I emailed the seller, he told me I didn't need a resistor, and that the heat usually gets to other LED bulbs in OEM lamps, which is why they don't last long. The vents on the assembly help release the heat. I think for $45 it was a good investment.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah $45 is expensive, but they are not just bulbs, its built inside the entire license plate lamp assembly. Racing dash designed it that way. I hope they do last a long time. At least the warranty is some reasasurance lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.