Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I replaced my wheel bearing about two weeks ago and I broke the ABS sensor. Long story short is I installed a bearing that was non-abs and I didn't remove the plate. So this plate actually cut the abs sensor.

Lesson: REMOVE YOUR ABS SENSOR BEFORE INSTALLING FRONT WHEEL BEARING. However this isn't the reason why you should read this before buying an ABS harness.

I went to Nissan to get a quote and they wanted $230.00! So Napa it is and they wanted $83.00 which is much more reasonable. I figured it was an after market part and decided to go for it.

It turns out it is IDENTICAL with the only difference in price. The brand that makes this harness is Bosch and was branded on both the new and old harness. Before purchasing OEM check out another supplier as this saved me $147.00.

Cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the after market bearing fit and is working like OEM.

The stupid ABS light came back on while I was driving and I tried to reset by pulling the battery for 30 mins but no luck. I checked the sensor and the harness all is good and I have no idea what it can be. I would like to avoid a diagnostic test from the dealership.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Anyone know if there's an easy way to add ABS to a non-ABS versa? Not that I'd necessarily want to...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.