Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About the 2.5 ser engine fitting into the versa.. anyone ever done this? Since mines auto I was thinking about the auto ser sentra into the versa.. id be happy with 160hp.. any light on this idea?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
You can make anything fit with the right amount of money. Considering the MR20 from the sentra fits perfectly into our Versa's I'm betting it's not too hard to fit the QR25. But getting the engine in the bay is probably the easiest part. Hardest would be wiring up all the new sensors. Then you have to deal with a totally different ECU, transmission, axles, possibly hubs. Like I said it's possible but if I was going through all this work I'd go MR16ddt or even old school SR20DET.

If I were you just do an MR20 swap and some bolt on goodies. Little less hp but is plug n play for the most part.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya.. id like 140hp as well.. but just thought hell why not go 2.5..

·
Registered
690 Posts
Frankly i think the cheapest way to go would be a built MR20 swap, get the motor from a wrecker and build it up before putting it in the car. There is a kit out there for the MR20 which claims to offer 11:1 CR pistons. Then do all your bolt ons, and do a dyno tune on 91 octane or run meth/water injection. That's what i want to do ultimately. I can get an MR20 for just over $500 Canadian. The build kit that importperformance.com offers is just over $900. 180HP possible with 11:1 CR and all the other bolt ons people have done here? A junkyard MR16DDT alone is somewhere around $2000 for a good lower mileage one. Plus all the electrical headaches that will come with that. F$$% that...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.