Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup. Back to having a Nissan in the family. Haven't dealt with one since last century with an old 80s Sentra. Now get to deal with a 2012 Versa Hatchback. And have already found a few things out....like Osram is dead wrong about the parking light bulbs.

But at least it means I got rid of that POS XG350. No more traverse mounted V6s for me....to hard to work on.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
So, other than a sideways v6 it was a good car? Why did you work on it, thought those had a 10 year million mile warranty? >:D Is that how they lured you in? Im too a first time Nissan owner and the dealer had nothing but bad things to say about their neighbor that was a hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When my fiance got it it already had 120K on the clock and the previous owner wasn't the smallest person in the world, if you know what I mean. It was maintained, but not maintained to my standards. Plus that traverse V6 meant no working space when you had to do anything with the front of the engine. DOHC V6 with a timing belt that was almost 10ft long. LOL! Had to pull the intake manifold to change the plugs. Even came with a second transmission cooler stock from the factory because the radiator one wasn't big enough to cool the tranny fluid down enough.

It was basically a luxury version of a Sonata, so it weighed about 600lbs more than a Sonata....but it used a lot of the same suspension components so it was really good at eating bushings, brakes, tires, etc. And with 181K when I sold it it was starting to show its age.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got my 2014 Versa back in 2014. They are good cars. It is small, cheap, meant to last in Mexico, where it replaced the Tsuru/Sunny. Mexico is a tough place to drive, so Nissan is proven reliability over there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
GroovyAdrian
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing