Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 S has this issue for a couple years now, but it seems more frequent now. The passenger side rear blinker stops working after a couple days, or sometimes months. One day it will be fine, and the next it will be out. Thankfully the dash indicator blinks rapidly to let me know. What I can do is take out the bulb, lightly sand the bottom of the bulb and the metal piece it touches in the light housing. It then works for a while again. Sometimes it even stops working one time, and the next time (same drive) it will work again. Like maybe the connection just isn't touching right? I've check all the cable connections for wear/breakage, but nothing was found. I even replaced the bulb, but it still does it. I'm lost as to what it could be. I remember the driver side even did it once on a drive, but again, the next time I used it the blinker worked. I never touched that one, and it's been working ever since.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The socket is bad, and probably should be replaced.
If you use the search function, it will show some of the ways that others have gone about repairing this issue, not to mention the causes of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The socket is bad, and probably should be replaced.
If you use the search function, it will show some of the ways that others have gone about repairing this issue, not to mention the causes of it.
Thank you. And you're correct. I should have searched first. My bad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And just to give the (possible) solution if others find this post. The wiring harness/connection gets loose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine did this right off the lot. The wiring harness kept wiggling loose enough to loose the connection. I super glued the harness to where it connects at the back of the taillight assembly and problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts