Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my rear brake shoes this weekend on my 2012 Versa and I'm looking for any tips or advice that might make the job a little easier?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, advice and link. I'm heading out to the garage now. Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Are you sure you need to replace them at this point? Did you do a visual inspection already? I am at 195k miles and have not needed to do mine yet. I would say they are due now but I'm doubting your 2012 has as many miles on it as mine. I do understand driving styles may differ and you may be a little harder on the brakes as me. But still seems very soon for drums.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm not sure I have to replace them. In fact, I didn't yet because removing the drum was a little different than any drum I've removed before. There is nut I must remove to remove the drum. What is the best way to check to see if I need the rear shoes? By the way I am a pretty conservative driver mainly all highway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
tylerz71
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing