Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 09 1.8 hatchback. Whenever I go over bumps of any kind, the whole rear of the car slams down very hard. I’ve changed out the shocks and springs already. I saw that the trailing arm bushings are cracked and wearing out. Has anyone changed these and how difficult is it?
I called the dealership for the bushings, but he said they don’t sell the bushings separate and I would have to purchase the whole frame for $1300. He said another alternative would be to be find maybe an aftermarket bushing or go to the junkyard. I’m just trying to get the car to last me till I can get a new one.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
209 Posts
You story reminded me of an old Ford Truck (F-150) I purchased used (many years ago). The previous owner had changed the engine and pieced it together with parts from any vehicle he could find. One day the power steering pump went out and I went to the parts store to get a replacement. Of course, (the one that the truck called for) looked nothing like my old pump and would not fit.

So I took careful measurements and made some cardboard templates of bolt holes, pulley size, etc. Armed with my "paper dolls" I went into my local junkyard and went from vehicle to vehicle in hopes of finding this elusive power steering pump. The very last car I checked had the exact pump I needed. It was on a Gran Torino of all things.

So my suggestion would be to take careful measurements (maybe even use a micrometer), then go to your local junkyard and just start checking other cars. Make sure to take along all the tools you will need to remove the old bushings. My guess is you will need some type of ball joint or bushing press (screw type).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts