Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Versa has a little over $50k miles. My rear defogger does not work has not worked in a few months. When you push the button to turn it on the light does not go on and it does not work. Just recently the A/C wont shut off when I put on the heat. I read that it is normal to have the A/C running with the heat, but when I press the A/c button to turn it off it wont turn off as the light stays on. Has anyone had this problem? I took the car to Nissan and they dont know would need to take it apart and run diagnostic tests. Is this a big job?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Maybe your climate control unit is shorting out. I would swap it out from a junkyard one first before spending all that money on diagnostic repairs.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
try looking at the fuses, everytime something didn't work in my v i always checkd that, and sure enough i had a couple blown fuses.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i'll be honest.... i run an independent repair facility, and our standard diagnostic fee is 100 bucks. we waive the fee if the customer does the work, but to be honest, if i've gotta pull a dash apart and start pin checking stuff, how much do you want it to cost??

i know the answer is nothing. and we don't charge for checking fuses and stuff, but when it gets into REAL diagnostic, that stuff isn't cheap, quick or easy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 07 Versa w/ 196K miles. I have had issues with the buttons for AC & Defrost. I have the AC where is comes on all the time I have become OK with it & just lived with it. I think the switches are just cheap. I haven't look into the cost to replace them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
7 years and no resolve concerns me, as my 07 Versa with 108k was doing the same thing. The only difference is that I changed my battery today and now the A.C. is stuck off. Has anyone resolved this issue yet? I've already torn apart the center console and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the actual switches from the climate unit so I can bench test them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry to bring back the dead.
Good Morning I am Ken. From NY I have owned my 4th Versa well i pass them around to my cousins all 18-20 year old. its a great commuter car, I Currently have a 2007 Hatchback with 67000 miles. this is the first one with this issue i bought a replacement control will change later in the week. For the guy that just changed his battery if you want the ac to come back on change the setting to defroster to blow on the windshield. this will turn the ac on permanently until you change your battery again. my car is a beige interior with the switch failure all the other ones i have owned were black, i noticed they black ones fail less. wired anyway i will change the switch and update does anyone else have any other issue with IAC i can help with that also.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Unfortunately Nissan is pretty much moving to getting diagnostic fees for everything electrical in the cars, through Consult. It's just getting way too hard to find anybody that can think clearly enough to figure out the complicated issues these modular electrical systems can have now.

When you have 'industry trained' workers that then prove not capable of counting to ten 5 times right those things happen and the local shops are full of them.

FYI, the a/c comes on with DEFOG not heat only, if coming on with pure heat like at the floor exits only you DO have something wrong there. Normal if you have windshield selected and defog and you cannot turn it off, it's a safety feature.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.