Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in doing some research, I have noticed that the B15 Sentra and the Versa share the same exact rear drum brakes. If this is the case, then hypothetically one should be able to swap the sentra disc brakes from the se-r to the versa

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
try it and report back

·
Registered
187 Posts
So in doing some research, I have noticed that the B15 Sentra and the Versa share the same exact rear drum brakes. If this is the case, then hypothetically one should be able to swap the sentra disc brakes from the se-r to the versa
That's what I thought...but a little bit....no...a lot more complicated then that once you get the calipers you have to get brackets made after that because there's not that much room to mount the caliper you have to cut away some of the rear control arm...just a little so has no effect on safety or strength...then...and here's the real pain...the sentra e-brake cable does not work on the Versa where the pull up handle is and the Versa e-brake cable will not work on the Sentra Caliper...so you have to get the e-brake cables custom made.

So it can be done but it's not as easy as you would think and if done right can cost a pretty penny.

·
Registered
452 Posts
im amazed you dont have some aftermarket beefy control arms bob knowing how yer car is setup :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.