Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, hello!

For those of you who have switched out your rear speakers, did you have a teal and a gray wire coming out of each? If so, what's the polarity of each color? I have a 2009 model btw.

I plan on tapping into the rear speakers for the input into my amp. I can see by looking at the wires at the hinge of the rear doors that the colors of the speaker wires are teal and gray, but I have no idea what's positive or negative. I can find out by taking the door panels off, but I figured I'd ask first before I take that next step.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I know that the right rear speakers wires, teal is positive and gray is negative. Left rear speakers, purple is negative and positive is red. That is based on the Versa without the convenience package.

All the year models 07-09 should be color coded the same for the speakers. The brown/orange wire is 12v constant, it's the thickest appearing wire.

Hopefully, some of the providing information can be of help to you.

BTW, welcome to Nissan Versa Forums. Enjoy the stay!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I read that the rear right has teal as positive and gray as negative, but then I discovered that the rear left has the same colors. This is at the speakers btw and not at the HU. I think it's safe to assume it's the exact same as the right but I just wanted to be sure. Can't wait to get the amp and sub installed!

EDIT: Actually, I read that teal was negative and gray was positive. Maybe I should just take the damn door panels off. :D

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
ok i thought they were, i just had to make sure... i just picked up a memphis audio 4 channel, now i need some some door speakers, and once all this is installed then i will more than likely pick another memphis audio amp off of my friend.... im looking for big sound out my versa, i also want it to be removable for track days....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.