Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add 2 speakers to the back, but since there is none there, are the wires already there? Or will I need to have new wires run from the raido to the back? Anyone know.
(Why would some one only put 2 speakers in a car, I had a Ford Aspire sub compact and it had 4 speakers)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you have a 2012+ Sedan. No the wires are not there nor is your head unit set up for 2 speakers, you have a few options to add new speakers.

1. Splice into your current speaker wires and run those to your new speakers.
2. Buy a new head unit, the new wiring harness will allow for up to 4 speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apparently the wiring for the back speakers is not in the Versa S. No big deal, I can run wires, but the audio unit (PN 3089 LA) has 18 pins, of which 11 are unused. Since the Radio has a Front/Rear Fade function, I suspect some of those unused pins are rear speaker outputs. I tried Googling the radio and the schematics either cost money or they want you to download their "easy reader software" I smell a rat there. Still looking, will report back

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a 2013 NIssa Versa S. (I wanted a standard not automatic).

I did not know that there was only two speakers when I bought it. (newver would have thought of that)

I will be replacing the factory radio with a Sony. So it looks like I will have to run wires for teh back speakers if I want them?

·
Registered
216 Posts
@fonguy961 Something could be there with the pins, someone with a voletmeter get in there and check those pins haha but I doubt you'll find 2 harnesses to work in there and free up the 4 wires you need for your two speakers.

@JoshG it's not that's what I have in my car, I really should rewire it since I have the new head unit, I'll comment back if I notice a difference in sound.

@Darylin Knew it haha they got me the same way, when I went up for an oil change I asked them to check my rear speakers because I wasn't getting any sound, come to find out it was because there were no speakers back there. Are you getting a double din or a single din? I haven't seen a dash kit for our cars yet but if you go doulbe din you won't need one. I suggest checking crutchfield, they should have something.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already have a single din one. I pulled teh Sony out of my old car. It has an Ipod wire that goes out of the back, which I lead to my glove box. It allows me to control my Ipod from the raido.

It is jsut too bad I can not find a dash kit that works. It is amazing that the hatchback and sedan have different hole sizes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.