Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Do you visibly see it wobbling? Bent rim, out of balance, shifted belt, uneven hub or rotor surface, lug nuts were tightened with weight of vehicle on wheel, bad shock, very bad bearing. Those things come to mind.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Are you using the proper lug nuts for the rims on the car???
Funny you mentioned it. Many years ago some guys in my apartment building were doing a car repair and took the wheel off. When they put it back and test drive the car, it was shaking badly. They were taking that wheel off and putting it back, nothing helped. Then one guy who was just passing by, stopped and looked at it and said "You install the lug nuts tapered end outside!"

·
Registered
896 Posts
Strange- if the lugs were properly torqued down the lugs should not loosen. I'd look closely before dismissing it as fixed.
He should make sure that he is using the right lugs for the correct rim. I had a 1996 Mercedes with mag wheels. The spare tire was mounted on a regular steel rim, and if you tried to mount the spare with the mag lugs, they were too long and would not bottom out. Mercedes provided the lugs for the spare steel rim which were a tad shorter than the regular lugs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hie I have a 2005 nissan Tiida and my rear wheel is shaking even though all the lagnuts are all tight.what could possibly be the problem here.thanks
Hey there bro. Make sure the rim was properly installed there is a pattern followed meanwhile torquing downthe lugs nuts, done wrong will cause tire shaking. Also check for uneven wear on tire could be unbalanced, bad hub, not enough air..??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.