Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a NEW 2018 Versa last week Thursday, 11/29. As I turn onto the highway Saturday morning, 12/1, the rear window falls in my car, shattered to pieces. I contacted the Nissan dealership, and they told me to bring the car in, and they would get me a loaner. I get a loaner. This morning - Tuesday 12/4, I get a call from the dealership telling me there's nothing they can do about it, and that I need to contact my insurance agent. I was very irritated at this point. I call my insurance agent to get her opinion, she advised I contact corporate. I did and am waiting on a reply. Things are running through my head- like "What if my kids were in the car?". Should they be held responsible for the issue? COMMENTS APPRECIATED!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Actually the dealership will not replace the glass they will have a glass company replace it. I would think that as new as it is they would foot the bill just for customer satisfaction.

My 16 note's back window broke when the car was about 6 months old. Cold window with those wires in it heating up to remove frost - might be a bit of a design flaw. Mine was replaced by dealer without any questions.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If the rear window broke without any impact from outside, it is obviously falls under new car warranty. If I am not mistaken, your warranty may have some additional clause for things malfunctioning during first 30 days (or a similar initial short period of time), which usually are considered normal tear and wear and are not covered at all after initial 30 days time period.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts