Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nissan tiida 2007 m/t. The idle is somewhat erratic. fluctuations range from 800-1200 rpm. When i accelerate from stop lights the car would not run smoothly with stalls. When im stepping on the clutch on neutral i can feel a knocking sound from the clutch lever. What may be the reason for this case? thank you for your comments and suggestions.. drive safe!

·
Registered
226 Posts
piston slap.

if you did a compression test on all cylinders I'd bet you've got 1 that's really bad.

So first, do a compression test. If compression is good, then I'd test the battery, and go through an idle relearn procedure.

are you getting a CEL (SES, engine light, whatever you want to call it)?

Still happening after that? and no engine light? Time to check spark plugs, especially if you're still on the originals.

·
Registered
226 Posts
cheap and easy, much better than dealing with compression loss :thumbsup:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Stolz, my original MR18's #3 is so bad that when it sits for 2 days or more and all the cylinders dry up it has a misfire for about the first minute when its cold! My motor could in fact be the longest survival of an original MR18 in a cold climate. It keeps going and going and going, hell with 350 000 on it i'm anticipating the chain breaks or wears down the tensioner pads before it blows up. MR20 block is prepared for the swap though, waiting on port and polish work before it can be completely reassembled. I can't remember if i've posted the photos showing the kooky color i chose. Here they are!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.