Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help:
My 2009 Nissan Versa SL was stolen without my keys. It was only missing for 3 days. Once it was recovered, I found it did not turnover as easily and only got progressively worse. By the third or fourth day, I have to pump the gas to get it to turn over and I am worried it will not start at all the next time I attempt to get it started.

What is wrong with it? It is not making any odd noise just will not work.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
If its taking a few seconds ot turn over but there are no other problems, it could be the fuel pressure regulator and just be a coincidence.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Prolly why you got it back. It stopped running so the thieves started running........ fuel pump is warrantied but some service fees may apply.

C

·
0 Posts
could be the electronic chip in your key,,has your ignition switch been replaced,,and are you using a new key

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
First time I read about a Versa getting stolen; Glad you found it :thumb2:

can you hear the fuel pump start for one second when you turn on the ignition?

we just need to make sure you're getting fuel

[a few weeks back when my car didn't start one moring, it needed a new battery, it was getting fuel, it was cranking, it had all the lights on the dash, but still didn't wanna start. the problem was the battery was weak and it was not pushing all the amps to get the car started. I had the battery tested and it was reading 270amps, I think, and it needed 470amps]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts