Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
'Been chasing ghosts in the Evaporative Emissions system in our 2009 Versa SL 1.8L for about 6 months.

Codes started popping up as Small EVAP Leak, Very Small EVAP Leak. Have replaced the gas cap three times (!!), and had the system smoke tested once at the dealership. They blamed the gas cap (again) and cleared the codes.

Then things progressed. No more leak codes, but P0443 keeps popping up - EVAP Purge Solenoid Circuit. I"ve replaced both the purge and vent solenoids and inspected the wiring and tubing as well as I can. Everything seems to be working, yet the error code persists.

Any ideas where to look next? I'm not really worried about the car falling apart over this one, but constant CEL is a pain in the butt.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
8 years old? Since you have replaced the parts Id go ahead and replace the rubbers. Hoses are cheap and sold by the foot at most auto stores.

Id get the ones for gasoline or fuel line and use hose clamps on the ends.

I doubt the gas cap is the issue, but what about the filler neck? I had one get loose from a tank and cause me to loose some gas at every fill up and from some sloshing around. You would need to look under the car or remove the fender liner on the side the fill up thingie is.

I had a 2010 honda insight and that was a random error I got often and I owned that car since new. I kept a scan gauge connected for other data and cleared that code every few months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cobb. As the car is running fine, I've just been clearing the P0443 codes as they pop up at this point as well. Just don;t want to invest the shop time having someone sort this out, especially as the wife keeps talking about trading up.....

If I find a definite cause for the DTC I'll post here for the greater good!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The code is obvious. Circuit code is either fuse or wiring if the part is new. No need to chase leaks or replace parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts