Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Keep in mind it takes a long time for the main thermostat to open, i would drive it as usual then after feel the rad hoses. This avoids unecessary gas wasted on idling just to see if it opens. Do you have plenty of heat? Are the hoses to the heater core hot? There is a secondary thermostat in the tranny side of the block (right above the tranny in fact) that opens at a lower temp than the conventional/main thermostat, 83 degrees Celsius if i'm not mistaken. The main one opens up at around boiling (100C).

The fans should remain on when the AC is off depending on engine temp. The PCM may disengage the AC compressor clutch after a certain overheating temp is reached to reduce thermal load on the rad/cooling system. However at highway speeds usually a fan is not needed. Are the condenser and rad fins clean? If you're still getting adequate AC performance then that would tell me the fins are clean, usually if the condenser fins get plugged up then you will get poor AC performance from the condenser not being able to release the refrigerants latent heat capacity.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.