Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...new to the forum, and there aren't many questions posed about the engine temperature warning lights.

I've got a 2007 SL with CVT, and driving the other day in Denver the outside temp was in the high 90's. On the highway, going around 70, the red temp light comes on and I can tell the A/C stops working. Still blowing, but not A/C cold. Then about a minute or two later, the light goes off, and the A/C blows cold again. The car did this for about 15 miles: red light on, A/C off; red light off, A/C on again...

Anyone had any problems like this? I was originally thinking thermostat, but don't those just stay stuck closed, or stuck open? There's not much out there that I could find on thermostat replacement; some for the Sentra and Maxima, but none for the Versa. And from what I understand, there's two thermostats?

Any help would be much appreciated. Come to Denver and I'll buy you a beer!

Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob...

No other lights coming on, just the red temp light. I have noticed that the fan seems to run pretty loud sometimes when it's just in the driveway with the engine running though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great minds must think alike...nice name for sure!

Thanks for the input. It looks like the fans are clean, the friend I got this from took pretty good care of it.

How tough of a job is it to replace the tstats on this? It seems pretty straight forward and easy and I can pick both of them up at NAPA for under $40. Does that sound about right? I can't find any write-ups or videos online that show the process. Would it be worthwhile to just swap them out if it's an easy job? The car as 130,000 on it, and I don't think they've been done before.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked the hoses and they were hot. Haven't been able to duplicate the issue since the first time. Not sure....if it comes up again, I'll tackle it and let you know what happens. Thanks for the info though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.