Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all...new to the forum, and there aren't many questions posed about the engine temperature warning lights.

I've got a 2007 SL with CVT, and driving the other day in Denver the outside temp was in the high 90's. On the highway, going around 70, the red temp light comes on and I can tell the A/C stops working. Still blowing, but not A/C cold. Then about a minute or two later, the light goes off, and the A/C blows cold again. The car did this for about 15 miles: red light on, A/C off; red light off, A/C on again...

Anyone had any problems like this? I was originally thinking thermostat, but don't those just stay stuck closed, or stuck open? There's not much out there that I could find on thermostat replacement; some for the Sentra and Maxima, but none for the Versa. And from what I understand, there's two thermostats?

Any help would be much appreciated. Come to Denver and I'll buy you a beer!

Thanks,
Did you find the solution to this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. Also new to this forum.
Had kind of the same issue as the originator of this thread. Started the car. All fine. Temps here in Florida today were in the 80's and rainy. Car ran fine. Stopped to get something to eat. On way to dentist the red temperature warning light came on for like 2 second then off again. Car was driving fine. A/C was running fine but noticed a pattern. When I was stopped at a light no issues. When I started to take off again the light would turn on for a few seconds then back off again. Turned around and came back home. Stopped at gas station a minute. While parked there with the car on in park, the light came on and stayed on until I drove off again. Any thoughts on this? I will check the fan, etc. as proposed in this thread but this seems to weird for me.

Thanks.
Did you find the solution to this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.