Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
LOL!:)

I just don't get what the purpose of that extension thing in the back is. Honestly it puts all Versa's to shame. I would feel so embarrassed to drive that.

I am still in shock thinking about those pictures. WOW!

Where in the world does he park that 'thing'?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Wow you guys are getting on someone for modding their Versa? This is starting to sound like another forum I know!

While it is not your taste I wouldn't really rag on him too much. He mods for MPG and while his average is just shy of 40mpg, which almost none of you guys could probably say, his crazy tail there did get him up over 50mpg. And telling him he should have bought a prius or insight is just silly. Those cost double of what a Versa 1.6 does. Like telling the guy who bought a civic should have bought a 3 series.

I too think it's ugly and yes not a good idea because it blew off and a guy smart enough to design something to almost double his epa rated mpg should have had a little more common sense in attaching it. Someone could have been seriously injured by that flying off.

All I'm saying is this forum was built on keeping an open mind and loving your V no matter what you do to it or even if you don't do anything to it at all.

If anyone want's to know more about this guys 1.6 and the point of the tail you can read here http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/nissan-versa-base-1-6-a-7489.html

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm more than happy to be open minded, but when you mod a car by pinning a boat to the back of it you're asking for loads of 'wtf' feedback now aren't ya?

There's modding, then there's illegalities (above and beyond the standard modder), issues of safety and road worthiness. Great going if you've achieved a good economy, in that I pat you on the back, but for the sake of human safety and looks value, I ain't with ya on that one.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
that cant be DOT approved... i like how in Robs sig, it says 41.11MPG and i dont hypermile... lol.... i think all this guy would need to do is buy some smaller tires and run them at insane psi... that should do the trick....

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I agree totally as it is not safe. Maybe I read the thread wrong but some of the comments seemed to be just about taste and not about safety. I'm with everyone on the safety side. This guy did get insane mileage with the thing on the back but he doesn't seem to get that great otherwise. But the 1.6V will give alot different mpg rating depending on where you live. I went through the mountains in PA and I could only get 34mpg. This was all highway too. But on my daily commute which is relatively flat I get awesome mileage.

I do not hypermile but I do common sense driving techniques like slowing down approaching a red light so I don't have to stop. I also try and drive with a car in front of me. I don't tailgait but I can feel the wind resistance when I'm out in front as opposed to having a car several car lengths in front of me. Then again I'm usually cruising along in the 80's which no hypermiler would ever do :).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.