Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a "How To" on removing a HB's tail light? I'm getting ready to tint my lights and would like to just get to it intead of wasting time trying to figure things out. Thanks much :smilejap:

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Im a sedan owner but a local HB member told me that you have to remove the interior panels where the screws are, unscrews the screws(of course), and pull the lights straight out. There might be silicone between the lights and the car itself so you'll have to cut it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, that kind of helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In the hatch, theres two little plastic panels for each light. Remove the panels and youll have to remove the 10mm nuts from each stud thing. Kindof a tight fit. Once removed, youll want to pull the taillights straight back. Theres a little square of double sided tape i believe, on the forward most part of the light, on the side of the car. Try wiggling the light around if its stuck, or GENTLY try prying the tape free of the car. Not hard at all

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I was wondering what those little tabs were for lol.

·
Registered
444 Posts
In the hatch, theres two little plastic panels for each light. Remove the panels and youll have to remove the 10mm nuts from each stud thing. Kindof a tight fit. Once removed, youll want to pull the taillights straight back. Theres a little square of double sided tape i believe, on the forward most part of the light, on the side of the car. Try wiggling the light around if its stuck, or GENTLY try prying the tape free of the car. Not hard at all
It's not tape up front, it's a clip. You are correct about the pulling straight back though. Any other direction and for sure, SNAP. Lemme see if i can find this pic....

Here we go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.