Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone please post a how to on getting your old head unit out to put in a new one. the 2012 is designed much differently than the older models and i would like to put my new head unit in asap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All you need to do is pop off the cover around the radio. The plastic piece that contains the vents, goes down around the radio and stops at the top of the climate controls just pops out. pop that off, and remove the 4 screws holding the radio in.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally all done!

got my head unit all hooked up and ready to go! dumbas me forgot to get an antenna adapter though but its a quick fix..just gotta wait for it to arrive from crutchfield
Dash
What I see

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
na it was extremely easy..the cover just popped right off and to ground it i fount a metal bar in the back with a hole perfect for a bolt so i found one with a nut and grounded it there..the rest was just plug and play

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks man! just a 1.6L S manual.. kinda sucks cuz i dont have power anything but i spent next to nothing.. i love how cheap these things are and you can do anything to them!

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Lol Mine is 1.6 and manual too. Cranky windows can be annoying at times but I like the fact that it doesnt have power anything because I plan on keeping it for a while so I dont have to worry about the window motor or regulator going out. How much did you pay for yours? If you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya thats a good point..the no power locks are killing me though especially when other people ride in my car and now with all these upgrades that one is def on my list haha
i closed out at the dealer at around 13500 and got those really thick floor mats, window tint, and those edge door protector things so it wasnt bad..what about yourself?

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Thats good. Mine came with floor mats, trunk mat, clear door protectors, and clear bumper bra. They were going to tint my windows for another $50 but the lowest % they could do was 35 and i wanted a lower % so I passed. There was one con...no factory radio! But I couldnt beat the OTD price they offered so I figured I could get an aftermarket radio on my own...I ended up paying $11,400! :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
1.6 FTW, been a while since i've been on here. I noticed something though...in the 2012 sedan wheres the rpm gauge? and also whered you get that head unit!? looks great!

·
Registered
215 Posts
that's weird. I guess you have to be one with your engine to have perfect shifts haha

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
that's weird. I guess you have to be one with your engine to have perfect shifts haha
Yeah, not a good feeling. I test drove an '01 Corolla with no tach and didn't notice til I got on the road so I had to turn the radio off so I could hear the engine. LMAO Happened with my V too. I had an Accord so the V is much quieter so I would forget I have to shift. I would start it and forget I did so I'd try to start it again and it would make that crrrr noise. :smilielol5:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts