Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a 6 speed from a 2012 hatchback will it mate to the engine? Is this posable ? I have a 2012 1.6 s

·
Registered
321 Posts
Are you talking transmission or shifter? If shifter then no, it is not that easy.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Shouldn't be hard. Might need a custom mount and 6spd tranny cables along with the shifter itself but shouldn't be harder than an auto-to-manual swap(did it in my old car). I'm actually glad you posted this because this is on my to-do list. Was it hard to find the tranny?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the acuall 6 speed tranny. I wonder if ill need the whole couch assemble also from the hatchback.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the 6 speed in my 2009 sedan. If you are looking for a 6th gear for overdrive this transmission will not give it to you. Compare the final ratio of both transmissions. Typical shifting is 1-2-4-6 and I wish my 6th gear was a REAL overdrive.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 33.5 MPG average over 37100 miles

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 1.6 S in manual (5spd) too. I've been noticing a little more power when I turn OFF the traction control. Technically, is it making a difference?

I've got to say, for a small engine, it doesn't disappoint.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have you ever driven a 6 speed versa? It's isn't any better than a 5 speed. There is no true overdrive with the 6 speed and I wouldn't be surprised if your mileage went down.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
not to rain on your project but ^^ i agree both

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been thinking about this too! Glad you asked. Not to thread jack, but what do you guys think about swapping a 350z transmission to the Versa?

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I've been thinking about this too! Glad you asked. Not to thread jack, but what do you guys think about swapping a 350z transmission to the Versa?
It's too much work to be done, don't even bother asking anymore. Just buy a 350z, much easier.

This is like asking somebody if a wooden ball can bounce on concrete.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Why are all the MAZDA owners on this NISSAN VERSA forums such hating downers?!?!
They just think it's too much work and money to even try. Plus a lot of time. But hey it's your car man. Do what you want! :)

I agree they shouldn't hate, but I mean I think they're just trying to warn you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why are all the MAZDA owners on this NISSAN VERSA forums such hating downers?!?!
I don't own a Mazda but......you just asked if a direct drive REAR WHEEL DRIVE Z transmission would fit in a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Versa, and you were serious.

Then you call people a hater? They are trying to help you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts