Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've noticed a few exterior differences between 1.6s and S/SL models so I've done a few changes to mine(1.6). For example, I've noticed that 1.6s come with color matched bumper grilles so I painted mine to where it matches the upper grille.

Now, I noticed that my sedan "lips" are color matched and I'd like to remove the paint to where the "lips" are flat black and match the sideskirts. Is there any way I could remove the paint instead of painting over the factory paint?

I need help in this matter. I also need acurate answers so please, if you dont have anything constructive to say, keep it to yourself. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I wouldn't remove the existing paint. It would be nearly impossible to get a clean line. I would carefully tape off the rest of the bumper and go to town with a spray can.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update!!! Finally got around to getting the "lips" painted. "Before" pics are in 2nd and 3rd posts...here are the recent pics. Excuse the shitty quality cellphone pics.

Taken apart...

Finished product...

Money shot...Lol

·
Registered
613 Posts
look good man! nice job

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Nice Mod man. How hard was it to take apart and put back the bumper?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Mod man. How hard was it to take apart and put back the bumper?
Thanks guys, I just painted the trunk trim black again so the black trim is in full effect. Haha And RedAlertV...which bumper are you talking about? Front bumper was a piece of cake. Rear was ok, just time consuming...had to remove the trunk panel, remove tailights, remove bumper, and THEN mask it. Took about 4 hours to paint it and put it back on.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its crazy you painted yours black and mine is black and i wish it would match the color of my car lol over all good work :)
Lol It would be good but if the sideskirts matched the car but it had silver front and rears, then black sides so I decided to go black all around. Matches the black trim(1.6) so thats good. Thanks for the comment. You should paint yours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.