Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a simple drain and replace at 87K miles. You will find the butterfly petcock on bottom left of the radiater. I opened it up and let it drain into a bucket. My coolant resovoir was empty ? so I did not empty it. Once drained I topped it of and burped it with the radiator cap off. I drained a half gallon and added a whole gallon back in. some of the old coolant would’ve still been left in the block so if you say this in a probably be best to replace it more often. I understand there should actually be 2 gallons in all. i’m not a mechanic so take this with a grain of salt. FYI i found it difficult to pull out the radiator hose and decided to leave it. Blue Coolant supposed to be good for 105K. Personally I worry about leaving water in the engine block with the flush and diluting the coolant that’s added.

By the way it’s a messy if you don’t use a tube to when you drain.

Here is a full flush tutorial.

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2013_Nissan_Versa_1.6_SL_1.6L_4_Cyl./coolant_antifreeze/flush_coolant

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I like to fill it with water and a bottle of flush per directions, then flush a second time, drain and fill.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. I had to add more to the coolant tank a couple weeks latet but now it’s staying at max. i’m getting Hydro meter to see how it test out of the jug and compare to my car.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
With this warm spring and summer its likely the water in the coolant has evaporated making it lower then normal so you had to add some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts