Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I did a simple drain and replace at 87K miles. You will find the butterfly petcock on bottom left of the radiater. I opened it up and let it drain into a bucket. My coolant resovoir was empty 馃樁 so I did not empty it. Once drained I topped it of and burped it with the radiator cap off. I drained a half gallon and added a whole gallon back in. some of the old coolant would鈥檝e still been left in the block so if you say this in a probably be best to replace it more often. I understand there should actually be 2 gallons in all. i鈥檓 not a mechanic so take this with a grain of salt. FYI i found it difficult to pull out the radiator hose and decided to leave it. Blue Coolant supposed to be good for 105K. Personally I worry about leaving water in the engine block with the flush and diluting the coolant that鈥檚 added.

By the way it鈥檚 a messy if you don鈥檛 use a tube to when you drain.

Here is a full flush tutorial.

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2013_Nissan_Versa_1.6_SL_1.6L_4_Cyl./coolant_antifreeze/flush_coolant

Attachments

Super Moderator
I like to fill it with water and a bottle of flush per directions, then flush a second time, drain and fill.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Update. I had to add more to the coolant tank a couple weeks latet but now it鈥檚 staying at max. i鈥檓 getting Hydro meter to see how it test out of the jug and compare to my car.

Super Moderator
With this warm spring and summer its likely the water in the coolant has evaporated making it lower then normal so you had to add some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
whicky1978
Nissan Versa Forums
We鈥檙e a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing