Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just wondering the amount of work involved and the puller/installer needed? Not a bunch of info on the tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hi everyone. Just wondering the amount of work involved and the puller/installer needed? Not a bunch of info on the tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx.
You would have better luck searching by the make and model of the compressor unit that is installed in your vehicle, and then do a search on Youtube to see if anyone has put a video up on how to change out the AC clutch. When I did my Kia Sportage clutch, all I needed were regular hand tools, and a circlip pliers to take the clutch apart. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just tried doing this and it's a pain. A. There are two different compressor clutches, one for a cvt transmission car and the other for a regular automatic transmission. Their not interchangeable. B. The kits just to do the clutch are retarded expensive, dealer wants $450. Found one I thought would work on Amazon for $90 so I tried it and everything fit except for the very last part to go on before tightening down the final bolt. I believe it's called the clutch plate? The one I got has a shaft that is too long to fit on the end of the splined shaft coming out of the compressor. Everything else seemed to swap right over. The add on Amazon said Versa, Cube, Altima ac compressor clutch kit but it didn't specify if it was for a cvt or not. Turns out it's NOT for the cvt model :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts